“There’s often an early seasonal treat to be had from the various music colleges’ end-of-term operas. Louise Bakker’s RCM production of Offenbach’s Orpheus in the Underworld delivered multicoloured silliness with an energetic, fresh-sounding cast”
– Richard Bratby, The Spectator. Full review available here.
“ Bakker’s production is a colourful, chaotic, cultural rag-bag – but one which is fast and funny, boisterous and bawdy, and witty without too sharp an edge... Bakker and the terrific ensemble cast surely play it just as Offenbach intended”
– Claire Seymour, Opera Today. Full review available here.
"Richmond Opera took on a weighty project with this lengthy opera, and director Louise Bakker used this biblical material with great skill. Set and costume design [also by Louise Bakker] were immaculate. Saul is a production one won’t forget. "
- Heather Moulson, Mark Aspen. Full review available here.
"Brilliantly directed by Louise Bakker"
- Elaine Chapman, London Theatre1. Full review available here
"A charming opera double-bill"
- The Stage. Full review available here.
"Joy from beginning to end and an explosion of colour and energy... Louise Bakker's exquisite sense of drama was evident."
- The Wildean
"Overall it was a thrilling piece of theatre with clever set design... this is a great revival of a classic Sondheim piece."
- Nicole Faraday, West End Wilma. Full review available here.
**** - The Spy in the Stalls
**** - Musical Theatre Review
"Louise Bakker has done an admirable job creating this production"
- Spy in the Stalls
"Louise Bakker has made excellent use of a large, talented cast"
- Sardines Magazine